West Palm Beach Aggravated Assault Attorney
Aggravated battery is a serious offense, and the mere accusation can cause havoc in the lives of the accused and his or her family. Under Florida law, aggravated battery is a second-degree felony. The statute defines battery as intentionally causing bodily harm to another.
A person can be charged with aggravated battery if:
- He/she causes great bodily harm, permanent disfigurement or permanent disability is caused
- The battery took place in a school zone, regardless of injury
- A weapon was used in the commission of the battery
- A child, elderly person, pregnant woman or police officer is the victim, regardless of injury
If you or a loved one has been arrested for aggravated battery, it is critical to be represented by our West Palm Beach criminal defense attorneys at Perlet, Shiner, McKamey, Melchiorre & Walsh, P.A. to protect your rights. A complete investigation of your case by a skilled aggravated battery attorney can improve your chances for an acquittal, a lesser charge or reduced sentence.
Need help? Call (561) 349-4856 to schedule a free initial consultation.
What Are the Severe Penalties?
If convicted, the penalties for aggravated battery can vary greatly, depending on the injuries suffered and whether a weapon was involved. If the injuries are permanent, disabling or cause disfigurement, the maximum penalty may be given. For this reason, it is imperative that you speak with our knowledgeable legal team who can investigate your case and prepare a strong defense to get the best result possible.
- Jail or prison sentence of up to 15 years
- Payment of fines and court fees of up to $10,000
- Probation and electronic monitoring
- Making restitution
We will review your case and offer counsel to give you the best chance for an aggressive defense. Your criminal defense lawyer may be able to learn what evidence the prosecution has, if law enforcement followed proper procedures and locate witnesses for testimony. This may help you or someone you care about fight for the best possible outcome.
Get in touch with us today to discuss your legal options.