West Palm Beach Entrapment Attorney
Our West Palm Beach Criminal Defense Lawyers are Here for You
In Florida, entrapment is defined as being arrested for a crime that would otherwise not have been committed if not encouraged or coerced by a law enforcement officer. If you or someone you love has been arrested and you believe the arrest occurred due to entrapment, our team of West Palm Beach criminal defense attorneys at Perlet, Shiner, Melchiorre & Walsh, P.A. can conduct a thorough investigation into the specific facts of the case and protect the rights of those accused of such crimes. In many cases, entrapment is used in drug-related cases.
Do not wait to retain the experienced legal counsel you need. Call a West Palm Beach criminal defense lawyer at (561) 349-4856 and find out what we can do for you.
How is Entrapment Proven?
Some questions must be answered in order to consider an entrapment defense:
- Did law enforcement persuade or threaten the accused to confess to the crime?
- Were promises made to the accused by law officers in exchange for a confession?
- Were proper procedures followed by law enforcement?
- If not persuaded to commit the crime by law enforcement, would the accused have committed the crime?
All of the above can be grounds for getting your felony case dismissed. Protect your rights by hiring a skilled entrapment attorney as soon as possible.
Common Penalties for Those Who Choose Not to Fight Entrapment
Depending on the charge, some of these penalties can include:
- Imprisonment, including imprisonment for life
- Fines of up to $15,000
- Many felonies cannot be expunged from your record, making it harder to find a job, apply for a loan, get an apartment or mortgage, or obtain school loans
Was It Entrapment? Contact Perlet, Shiner, Melchiorre & Walsh, P.A.
Entrapment may be illegal, but because you or your loved one will have to prove the crime committed was due to entrapment, it is vital to have an experienced entrapment lawyer to ensure that the rights of the accused are protected.
Give us a call today to discuss the details of your criminal matter.