West Palm Beach Search & Seizure Lawyer
Your rights may have been violated by law enforcement if you have been arrested as a result of an illegal search and seizure. If you or a loved one has been arrested after police conduct a search without a warrant or without your express permission, you may be a victim of illegal search and seizure and will need the advice of an experienced criminal defense attorney. The fourth Amendment of the Constitution of the United States protects citizens from unlawful search and seizure. If you believe your arrest is due to an illegal search and seizure, contact our West Palm Beach criminal defense attorneys at Perlet, Shiner, Melchiorre & Walsh, P.A. as soon as possible so they can move quickly to protect you from further violations of your rights.
Schedule a free initial consultation by calling 561-721-0552.
The sooner you contact our firm, the sooner we can begin building your defense! Call us at 561-721-0552 or fill out the form below to speak to one of our team members.
If you are facing criminal charges, do not put your defense in the hands of just any attorney. Turn to an aggressive team who will do whatever it takes to ensure your rights and future are protected.Why Hire Our Firm
Police Can Make Mistakes During Searches
The police are required to follow certain rules when conducting a search. These rules can be very complicated. If these rules are not followed to the letter, a motion to suppress the evidence found during an illegal search and seizure can be filed by an attorney. We are equipped to investigate your claim and provide the legal advice you need. If the evidence in your case is not allowed because it was found illegally, you may be able to have your case dismissed.
There are many different situations where a search might be allowed without a warrant, which can include:
- Consent search – If given permission, police can legally seize any evidence discovered.
- Plain view search – This is evidence located in an area police can access or that can be seen out in the open
- Search during arrest – A search for protection of police can be made during an arrest to look for weapons or evidence that might be destroyed.
- Search of a car at traffic stop – Vehicles can be searched during a legal traffic stop, if police believe the vehicle may contain something illegal.
- Search for an emergency purpose – If taking time to get a warrant would affect public safety or if important evidence might be lost.
Protect Your Rights! Contact Perlet, Shiner, Melchiorre & Walsh, P.A.
Our West Palm Beach criminal defense attorneys can help investigate your case. We possess specialized knowledge to help determine whether police followed proper procedures, can negotiate with prosecutors, and prepare your case for trial. If you or a loved one has been arrested for a crime due to an illegal search and seizure, our legal team can help the accused receive fair and just representation.
For client-focused representation, contact us without delay.