West Palm Beach Violent Crime Attorney
Delivering Personalized Legal Representation to West Palm Beach – (561) 349-4856
At Perlet, Shiner, Melchiorre & Walsh, P.A., we handle a wide range of criminal cases, including those involving violent crimes. A violent crime conviction could destroy your reputation, not to mention job prospects. If you have been accused of committing a violent crime, our legal team can stand up to protect your rights. Our West Palm Beach criminal defense lawyers are known for delivering personalized legal representation, from start to finish. Oftentimes, the police rush to judgment in these cases - falsely arresting the accused, or arresting the wrong person, or arresting someone who was legally acting in self-defense.
Types of Violent Crimes
Violent crimes are a broad category of offenses, which included a number of offenses, such as:
- Homicide: The act of unlawfully killing another person. Homicide charges include first-and second-degree murder, manslaughter by act, manslaughter by procurement, and manslaughter by culpable negligence.
- Robbery: The use of violence, assault, force, or threats while taking money or other property from a person with the intent to permanently or temporarily keep the items from the rightful owner.
- Assault: The intentional threat of inflicting violence on another person with the apparent ability to do so. Aggravating factors include the use of a deadly weapon or the intent to commit a felony.
- Battery: The intentional and actually touching or striking of another person against their will, or the intentional causing of bodily harm.
- Kidnapping: Forcibly, through the use of threats, or secretly abducting, imprisoning, or confining another against their will without legal authority to do so.
- Child Abuse: Any actions or failure as a guardian that results in the injury or trauma of a child, including neglect.
- Conspiracy to Commit a Violent Crime: Planning a violent crime, even if the act does not occur.
- Sexual Assault: Forcing, coercing, or obtaining through threat non-consensual sexual activity.
- Domestic Violence: Assault, battery, or threats of violence towards intimate partners, spouses, housemates, and other family members.
The Penalties for Violent Crimes in Florida
Because of the wide array of offenses that fall under the umbrella of violent crimes, the penalties for individual cases will vary greatly. Despite the number of possible penalties, the punishments for violent crimes are severe.
First-degree murder is the only violent crime conviction eligible for the death penalty, but it is also possible that you may be sentenced to decades or even life in prison. Your future is on the line, which is why it is critical to retain the services of a proven and dedicated criminal defense attorney.
In addition to lengthy prison sentences, you may also be required to pay fines and restitution, perform community service, serve community service, and other forms of punishment. You may be barred from possessing a firearm after your conviction. If you are convicted of a violent sex crime, you may also be required to register as a sex offender, which can come with its own social implications and legal difficulties.
Speak With Our West Palm Beach Violent Crimes Attorneys – (561) 349-4856
Regardless of the complex aspects of your case, we are confident in our abilities to assist you during this difficult time. We will guide you through the entire judicial system so that you don't become overwhelmed as your case develops. At Perlet, Shiner, Melchiorre & Walsh, P.A., we are committed to helping you understand every step of your case and clearly laying out your legal options for you. Our West Palm Beach violent crimes lawyers are ready to fight for your rights, freedom, and future.
We proudly offer free initial consultations to our prospective clients. Contact our team by calling (561) 349-4856 today.